How ITV and BBC TV news in the UK reported the death of Joe Strummer on 22 December 2002.
Strummer was a singer, composer, actor and songwriter and the co-founder, lyricist, rhythm guitarist and co-lead vocalist of the Clash formed in 1976 as part of the original wave of British punk rock.
Strummer died suddenly on 22 December 2002 in his home at Broomfield in Somerset, the victim of an undiagnosed congenital heart defect.
Read more of the latest in punk
- Live Review: Johnny Moped and The Price at the 100 Club
- 2022 – A Year in Punk! (Part One) January-June
- Terry Hall of The Specials dies aged 63
- Gig Review: The Offspring and Sum 41 Brisbane, Australia
- Exclusive interview: Big Joanie’s Lead singer Stephanie Phillips talks about the new album, touring with the Idles…and a love of The Carpenters.
- Midnight Creeping In: Justin Courtney Pierre Shares Psychiatric Hospital News
- The Exploited’s Wattie is alive and well and on the mend.
- Siouxsie Sioux Announces First Live Performance since 2013
- Luke Seymoup releases new single ‘Pop Songs’
- Review: Wingmen album launch and Q & A
- Quick Release – The latest in Punk Releases – Snippits
- Check Out the New Bad Brains Mural Painted by Shepard Fairey in Downtown Manhattan!
- Iggy Pop drops new song ‘Strung Out Johnny’
- Punk Supergroup OFF! Announce Spring 2023 North American Tour
- Rage Against The Machine’s Tim Commerford’s Secret Battle with Prostate Cancer
- New Found Glory release new video ‘Walk Through Fire’
- Interview: Newtown Neurotics- “We’re a NOW band, we’re writing music and lyrics that reflect what’s happening around us”.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!