The Godfather of Punk has shared a new song, ‘Strung Out Johnny’, the second song from the artist’s upcoming album ‘Every Loser’
Iggy recently signed with Gold Tooth Records, the lable run by Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne producer Andrew Watt (who also happened to produced ‘Every Loser’ Pop’s upcoming 19th solo album. The track paints an graphic image of living with a drug addiction, revealing how seemingly innocent experiments turn into something more dangerous – “First time you do it with a friend, second time you do it in a bed, third time you can’t get enough and a life gets all fucked up,” Pop sings.
‘Every Loser’ is due for release on January 6 and features contributions from a plethora of big names, including Guns N’ Roses‘ Duff McKagan and Red Hot Chilli Peppers drummer Chad Smith. The late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, who passed away in March, also contributed to the record.
Keep up-to-date with Iggy Pop News on socials
Read more of the latest in punk
- Punk Supergroup OFF! Announce Spring 2023 North American Tour
- Rage Against The Machine’s Tim Commerford’s Secret Battle with Prostate Cancer
- New Found Glory release new video ‘Walk Through Fire’
- Interview: Newtown Neurotics- “We’re a NOW band, we’re writing music and lyrics that reflect what’s happening around us”.
- Interview: Punk stalwarts The Zips, unzipped!
- The Stranglers’ drummer Jet Black dies aged 84
- New Jersey’s legendary punk rock hall City Gardens in ‘imminent’ danger of collapse
- Sarchasm release farewell album ‘Conditional Love’
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!