London-based punks Femegades unleash their stonkingly good debut EP ‘Pornsick’
London punk/grunge/indie band Femegades recently released “Pornsick”, their outspoken debut EP. The EP confronts aspects of contemporary womanhood, with themes of consent, women subjected to male violence, and empowerment. Three singles: the title track ‘Pornsick’, ‘Safe Sex”’ and ‘World Turning‘, with ‘Stealing Numbers’ and ‘Leash’ completing the ‘Pornsick‘ EP.
Femegades formed in 2020 with an aspiration to create a soundtrack to key socio-political issues. Pornsick was written to ask questions about the current status quo in modern society. Specifically, the seemingly accepted inherent exploitation in the porn industry.
If Bikini Kill and The Clash had a lovechild raised by Courtney Love, chances are Femegades would be that kid. Hailing from London, the UK-based punk band are a refreshing gulp of clean air, delivering catchy, clean vocals and melodies framed by an energy-inducing punk rhythm section.
This provides the perfect vehicle to draw the listener in and have them singing along in support of the feminist sociopolitical message. Tackling subjects such as women subjected to male violence and consent head-on, with hard-hitting lyrics that are both sensitive to the subject matter and delivered with a sense of optimism.
Being a band that stands for something is at the heart of everything they do. And with a wealth of songs ready to go, their outspoken debut EP “Pornsick” is just the beginning, as they look to create a soundtrack to the questions that need asking right now.
In their latest Instagram post, The Femegades have also just announced that they are preparing to say a sad farewell to their bassist Kat who is relocating for work at the end of the month. The band says they will be auditioning for a new bassist over the next few weeks. Keep an eye on their socials for more news.
Want More Femegades?
Need More Punk In Your Life?
- Wolf & Chain Have A ‘Taste For Poison’
- U.S. Pop-Punk Band Borderline Native Unleashes New Video
- The Offspring’s Lastest Video Addresses America’s Addiction Crisis
- Since When Did Wine Become Punk? When The Chats Created their own Cask Wine, That’s When!
- San Diego’s Summer Years, Let Go of Self-Doubt on New Single ‘The Picture You Paint’
- Moscow Death Brigade Come Over All Accoustic!
- New Jersey pop-punk quintet Northvale debuted new song
- Paul Cook: “We should’ve sorted out the Sex Pistols court case in the pub.”
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!