The latest track taken from the band’s acclaimed fourth album ‘Crawler’ is, according to Joe Talbot, “a poem of light and sound exploring the cold light of day.”
Last month saw IDLES release their brand new album ‘Crawler’ – their fourth in as many years and the follow-up to their first No. 1, 2019’s ‘Ultra Mono’
Met with widespread acclaim, the album marked a real turning point in the band’s evolution, adding a whole new dimension to the music the Bristolian five-piece make.
Following the soul-soaked comeback single ‘The Beachland Ballroom’ and the abrasive ‘Car Crash’ today, they release new single ‘When The Lights Come On’. With its motorik rhythm and propulsive bass lines, the track harks back to the days when frontman and lyricist Joe Talbot would DJ in Bristol clubs until the early ho”rs, chasing the party into the night only to be confronted by the harsh realities that turning the lights on can expose.
Postin” about the track Talbot writes:
“When the lights come on. Our third offering from Crawler. A poem of light and sound exploring the cold light of day. Thank you x.”
As well as releasing albums, directing videos and playing ‘three sold-out live shows across America in October and November, IDLES still found time to record a track with Rage Against the Machine Guitarist Tom Morello (‘The Bachelor’ for his recent album ‘The Atlas Underground Flood’) and also remix St. Vincent’s recent track ‘Pay Your Way In Pain‘.
Not stopping there, 2022 will be by far the biggest year for touring they have ever seen – starting with a run of dates in the UK and Europe, then heralding to play their first-ever shows in South America before returning for an extensive series of festivals, finally, closing the year with shows in Australia and New Zealand.
IDLES UK/EUROPE TOUR DATES
Main photo credit: Tom Ham
More IDELS? Check out this…
Need More Punk?
- REVIEW: Edweena Banger Releases Second Solo Album ‘Diamond Rocks’
- Avril Lavigne Wants To Adapt ‘Sk8er Boi’ into a Movie
- No Time To Sleep For Italian Alt-Punks Deaf Lingo
- CLT DRP Collab With New York’s Flossing on ‘Ownership’ Remix
- RIP Mensi, Angelic Upstarts.
- The UK Satirical Punk Band The Kunts Aim For Christmas Number one!
- Delaire The Liar Release Highly Anticipated EP ‘Eat Your Own’
- Recently discovered photos of the LA Punk Scene from 1977-80 to be released in a new punk photo art book
- Rebellion Festival Announces Launch of R-Fest
- Sink your teeth into the latest video from the boisterous Aussie punks FANGZ
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!