The ever-popular punks have teased new music recorded in London – and fans think it could be a new album.
Green Day are doing what they do best; teasing their fans. The band’s dedicated fanbase are eager to find out if a new album is being written and recorded after the band teased new music via Instagram.
The band released a short clip of them recording music at London’s RAK Studios. The quick teaser clip flashes up ‘1972’ possibly alluding to what could be a new song.
Fans were quick to jump onto the Instagram comments with their own deciphering of the mysterious post. One fan pointed out, “They’re all born in ‘72, gotta be the new album name”. Regardless of what is to come from the punk legends, the reaction from fans indicates it will be a smash before it even hits the ground.
Green Day are possible the busiest punk band in the world right now with their calendar full over the last 12 months. This year the band have celebrated 25 years of Insomniac and set off touring the US on their rescheduled Hella Mega Tour. They released two new singles, Here Comes The Shock and Pollyanna as well as recording Holy Toledo! for the ‘Mark, Mary and Some Other People‘ soundtrack. They finished off 2021 celebrating 30 years of Kerplunk! and the release of their BBC Sessions (Live) album.
The band also joined the world of FUNKO! Pop Rocks with the release of their own pop vinyl characters. Billie Joe’s Les Paul Jr even got its own Signature Model Release. The band have certainly made up time with 2020 hitting that big pause button.
There is plenty for Green Day fans to add to their Christmas list this year and with the band already booked for festivals in 2022 including the European leg of the Hella Mega Tour, there doesn’t seem to be any indication of the band slowing down at any stage soon.
Keep Up With Green Day (if you can)…
Need More Great Punk Sh**?
- Southwestern German Punk Outfit Small State, Releases New Single and Video
- The Damned Postpone UK Tour With Original Lineup Until Late 2022
- German Punk Legends Slime are back With New Lead Singer And New Single
- Green Day marks the 30th anniversary of ‘Kerplunk!’ by releasing previously unseen photos
- The Dollyrots Get Festive With ‘One More Sleep’
- Australia’s NinchFest Music Fest Is Back
- REVIEW: Edweena Banger Releases Second Solo Album ‘Diamond Rocks’
- IDLES Release Video for ‘When The Lights Come On’
- Worcester, UK melodic-punks Fights and Fire release new single ‘Disposable Dogs’
- Avril Lavigne Wants To Adapt ‘Sk8er Boi’ into a Movie
- No Time To Sleep For Italian Alt-Punks Deaf Lingo
- CLT DRP Collab With New York’s Flossing on ‘Ownership’ Remix
- RIP Mensi, Angelic Upstarts.
Everyone should have a soundtrack playing loudly in the background of their life. I was born moshing to my own beat and have never swayed from my love of music. Spreading my passion through the written word is my soul’s purpose. My punk heart beats loudly with the rhythm of my rock soul. I plan to continue to mosh like no one gives a shit.
Click on Tracey’s photo for more of her articles!