Chuck Platt, long-serving bassist of hardcore punk band Good Riddance seriously injured after being hit by a car. Go Fund Me launched.
Sad news today in the punk community as hardcore punk band and Fat Wreck Chord favourites Good Riddance just announced that their bass player Chuck Platt has been hospitalised after being hit by a car outside of his business, The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz, California. A Go Fund Me has been put in motion to help Chuck and his family with medical bills.
A statement on the Go Fund Me page reads as follows:
“On Friday, January 14, husband, father, bandmate and friend to many, Chuck Platt, was hit by a car while crossing the street outside of his restaurant, The Crepe Place. While Chuck gratefully does not have any life-threatening injuries, he has sustained life-altering injuries that will have a major impact to him physically and financially. Chuck was airlifted to a Bay Area Hospital, where he is currently being treated.
Chuck sustained the following injuries: right ankle break, left knee injury, broken collar bone, and lacerations to his face and hands. His right ankle and knee injuries were extensive and will require surgery(s) and rehabilitation. He is in good spirits and is expected to recover, but in the meantime, we are asking for contributions to help with the medical bills and rehabilitation time. Hoping you are able to help support Chuck and his family so he can focus on his recovery. We all want to see Chuck’s smiling face back at his restaurant, onstage and around our community. Thank you!”
Organised by Sean McGowan, Luke Pabich and his bandmates in Good Riddance and Seized Up.
We here at Punktuation wish Chuck a speedy recovery.
Follow Good Riddance on their socials
Need more punk in your life?
- Teresa Banks release music vdeo for ‘Alcohol and Cigarettes’
- Bob Mould’s UK and Ireland tour delayed by Covid
- Avril Lavigne Drops New Single and Announces LP Release Date
- Captives unleash scorching new single ‘Gold’
- Teresa Banks release music video for ‘Alcohol and Cigarettes’
- Pennywise Announces Two Amazing Weekends of Intimate Shows
- Crown The King release title track from debut EP ‘Groundhog Day’
- James Domestic releases ode to getting things done…tomorrow
- With Their New Single, ‘Headstone’, Weatherstate Remind Us That Life Is Short.
- Out of the gate like a Brahman bull comes East Bay’s ‘Charger’ with power driven new album
- Green Day Taunt Fans With ‘1972’ Teasers
- Book Launch: ‘The Paradiso Punk Years’