Sex Pistols co-founder Glen Matlock signs worldwide solo deal with Universal Music Group for undisclosed sum.
Sex Pistols co-founder Glen Matlock has signed a worldwide solo deal with Universal Music Group (UMG).
Under the terms of the deal, Matlock, who has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, will release a new album, described as “timely and politically pertinent” in 2022. UMG will also re-release a number of the bassist’s previous solo albums.
“I am over the moon to have now signed to Universal Music Group, who will be releasing my brand spanking new album, and I can’t wait to get cracking with the team,” Matlock said in a statement. “Watch this space.”
As a founding member of the Sex Pistols, Matlock is responsible for some of the world’s most iconic punk anthems including “Anarchy In The UK,” “God Save The Queen” and “Pretty Vacant.”
After leaving the group in 1977 he went on to form a band called Rich Kids with Midge Ure and has collaborated with artists including Iggy Pop, and Primal Scream. He has also played live with artists such as the reformed Faces, made up of Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart, among others.
“I am over the moon to have now signed to Universal Music Group, who will be releasing my brand spanking new album, and I can’t wait to get cracking with the team. Watch this space.” Glen MatlockTweet
Matlock has released a number of studio solo albums including “Good to Go,” which featured guitarist Earl Slick, who’s previously worked with David Bowie and John Lennon, and Stray Cats’ drummer Slim Jim Phantom.
“But I can’t really see that happening. They’re both a bit older now and they’ve other things going on. But the phone will ring, and something else will turn up.”
More Glen Matlock?
Like this? You might enjoy…
- Richie Ramone To Read ‘The Unauthorised Biography – RAMONES’.
- It’s Tough Being a Vampire reveals French Canadian Punks PasMort
- Furnace Fest Brings A Big Dose Of Punk and Rock Back To Alabama
- The Vibrators Drop The Single ‘He’s A Psycho’
- Berlin Punks Splittin’ Image New Album ‘Pflicht und Kür’ Is Punk At Its Rawest
- Welsh Melodic Punks Ex-Vöid Want To Be ‘Bigger Than Before’
- UK Subs Hit Back Hard With New Single SENSEI!
- Bring On The Storm’s New Single ‘Decompose’ is Anything But Rotten
- The Dickies Sparkle With Their Controversial New Single
- Hot Water Music reaches boiling point on new track ‘Collect Your Things And Run’
- Ska-Punks Stacked Like Pancakes Drop a Flipping Good New Single
- Rap-Punk Duo Ho99o9, Power Up With New Single ‘Battery Not Included’
- The Dollyrots drop new album ‘Down The Rabbit Hole’
- Aussie Punks Nocturnal Animals Drop New Single ‘Where’s My Mind Been?’
- Positive News From Hazel O’Connor’s Doctors
- Swedish punks Acid Blood Are ‘Bleeding Out’
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!