The legendary two-day post-punk festival is confirmed to take place Easter weekend in Liverpool, April 16th – 17th 2022.
Liverpool Post-punk and electronic music festival, Futurama initially due in 2020 and delayed twice, is now set to take place Easter Weekend 2022.
With unavoidable line-up changes due to re-scheduling issues, Futurama was unable to secure original headliners Heaven 17. However, the festival organisers are pleased to announce that New Model Army are the new headliners for Saturday. Special guests The Skids are on board as the primary support.
New Model Army played the fifth Futurama in Leeds in 1983, making it perfect sense to headline nearly 40 years later. They have had an outstanding career and are about to embark on their 40th Anniversary Tour in November. One of the best live bands on the circuit, they have a vast and loyal following and are the perfect live act for Futurama 2020.
The Skids, who reformed in 2016, have been wowing audiences with their brilliant and passionate live shows. Although The Skids are Futurama newcomers, Richard Jobson’s The Armoury Show played Futurama 5 at the Queen’s Hall in 1983.
Starting as a punk band in 1977, many of their ’80s songs had a post-punk feel. In their five years together, the band made four cracking albums and had countless hits between 1979 and 1981.
“I have a strong and fond memory of playing the Futurama festival with the Armory Show back in 1983,” recalls frontman Jobson. “It was exactly the kind of event we should have been playing and in the right company such as Death Cult and Killing Joke (Youth is now our producer).
“I feel the same kind of excitement today having been asked to return with the reformed Skids. It’s Rock’n’roll dystopia made cool in a way that JG Ballard would have approved of. Can’t wait”
New Model Army and The Skids make a formidable Saturday evening in Liverpool.
Check out the full lineup below.
Futurama Full Line-Up
FUTURAMA FESTIVAL IN LIVERPOOL TAKES PLACE OVER THE EASTER WEEKEND 16TH / 17TH APRIL 2022 HOSTED BY VIVE LE ROCK AND LOUDER THAN WAR
Tickets are now on sale HERE.
Follow Futurama Festival for updates
Get your dose of punk news right here…
- Aussie Punks Amyl & the Sniffers announce North American tour dates
- Dropkick Murphys Announce 2022 St. Patrick’s Day Tour
- Punk Rock & Paint Brushes Art Show
- Visa Issues Delay UltraBomb’s Canadian Tour
- The Usuals release new EP in honour of founding member
- Senses Fail release new single ‘I’m Sorry I’m Leaving’
- Simple Plan release emotional new single Antidote
- Album Review: ‘Haphazard’ – The Ramonas
- Holy Toledo! Green Day Drop a New Single
- UK Punks The Melbies Release Their Brand New Single
- The Lawrence Arms To host 7th Annual Chicago Punk Festival ‘War On X-Mas’
- New Found Glory Announce Christmas Album ‘December’s Here’
- Album Review: Punk agitators Flangipanis are back with their 8th studio release ‘Fucking Woo’
- Naked Raygun Release Their First Full-Length Album in 31 Years
- Frank Turner goes in hard on new single Non Servium
- Book Review: The Stranglers 1977 – Laura Shenton
- Amyl and The Sniffers GO Live At KEXP-FM
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!