The punk band from Montpellier are back with a brand new track taken from their upcoming album “Captain Are We Thinking?” set to be released on 23rd September.
A classic punk rock gem with lyrics in both French and English, ‘Atacama Desert (Alma)‘ is about a dream-like experience which happened to the band’s singer and songwriter during a trip to Chile’s Atacama Desert.
In awe of this infinite beauty, he found himself (“Don’t ask us how, don’t ask us why” ) approaching Alma, one of the world’s biggest and most protected astronomical observation bases in a camper van. After being gently kicked out, they were robbed and lost any proof of any of this ever happening.
Later, he wrote a song about this absurd experience, the unexpected joys of travels and the infinite beauty of this particular landscape.
Quitters was formed in 2015 and has been touring with the sole purpose of playing as much as possible. The band has collaborated with various labels (Inhumano, Bad Mood Asso, Krod Records), sweated out more than 150 concert halls around the world and released two EPs and an album, Good Night Memories.
For Quitters, 2022 marks the big comeback with the release of their second album Captain Are We Thinking.
Follow Quitters On Socials
Need more of the latest in punk?
- ‘Fear Your Gods’ Warn Ultrabomb
- The single ‘Prince Andrew is a Sweaty Nonce’ by satirical Punk Band, The Kunts climbs the charts on the Queen’s Jubilee weekend.
- Big Joanie release new single ‘Happier Still’
- You can’t keep a good ska-punk band down!
- Blussh are far from feeling blue!
- “Tourists just absolutely love it,” Sex Pistol Steve Jones says of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- King Bull charge ahead with new single ‘Don’t Want You To Know’
- Norwegian punk bands Freedumb and Hella Rebelliön drop new singles
- Montreal’s These Fast Times Release ‘The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions’ EP.
- Buzzcocks are Back with a Brand New Album
- Young Pretorians are tuning off the idiot box
- Ukrainian Punk-Folk Quartet to play Glastonbury to raise money for Ukrainian army.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!