Frank Turner has released the next single from his upcoming FTHC album and it’s a two-minute blast of punk rock.
Non Servium – latin for ‘I will not serve’ – sees Turner attack the “dumb and degenerate” before presenting some of his own principles: help the ones in need / do your best to leave the others be.
“[It’s] a song about staying true to your artistic ideals, standing firm for the things you believe in,” he said in a statement, adding on social media: “Wasn’t kidding when I said this album goes in a bit harder.”
The new album, which takes its inspiration from early ’80s US hardcore band logos to stand for Frank Turner Hardcore, will be out in February 2022 and is set to be a return to Turner’s punk rock roots.
As its first track ‘Non Servium’ is a roaring opener and lines up on FTHC alongside previous singles ‘The Gathering’ and ‘Haven’t Been Doing So Well‘.
The new songs are already being given a live outing from the famously busy musician – in his 17 years to date as a solo artist he’s played over an average of over 150 shows a year and last week completed a US headlining tour with Matt Nasir, and support from Laura Jane Grace and Austin Meade, that begin in September.
Next up is The Never-Ending Tour of Everywhere 2022, whose January and February UK dates will have support from Pet Needs, Truckstop Honeymoon and, in London only, Snuff.
His 2022 plans also include bringing his Lost Evenings mini-festival to Berlin for a four-date run in September.
Need more Frank Turner punk-folk in your life?
Need More Great Punk Sh**?
- Book Review: The Stranglers 1977 – Laura Shenton
- Amyl and The Sniffers GO Live At KEXP-FM
- Josh Homme called as a witness at Brody Dalle contempt trial amid ongoing custody battle
- Mark Hoppus plays at Travis Barker’s House Of Horrors – his first performance since cancer battle
- Rancid’s Lars Frederiksen releases alternate version of “Army Of Zombies” on debut solo EP
- Sleep Braids Bring Hearty Pop-punk With Debut Single and Video
- Take a ride with Celtic Punks The Rumjack’s on their new single ‘One For The Road’Nova Twins are feeling like a riot on new single Antagonist
- Fair Do’s Drop New Single ‘Consolation’
- Bite Me Bambi Announce Short Run of Midwest Shows
- Our Darkest Days Sail In With ‘A Sea Of Lies’
- Benjamin Vallé, founding member of Swedish punk band Viagra Boys, has died.
- Mannequin Pussy Set Up a Fundraiser After Theft of Their Tour Van.
An occasional writer on punk rock.
Click on Dom’s photo for more of his articles