Long-running Chicago Punks Counterpunch release new single.
Chicago’s melodic punk rockers Counterpunch have returned with a new single. Delivering a patented blend of rich harmonies, the first single, Waiting in the Wings, showcases exactly what they do best, ushering in a new era for the punk rock stalwarts.
Waiting in the Wings is a political statement to the people in the U.S.: “The song at its core is about speaking truth to power and having strength in numbers with your fellow man, not backing down when a moral compass is not headed in the right direction”, states Counterpunch’s singer Eric Hausser.
Counterpunch is a four-piece powerhouse bringing its catchy brand of melodic punk rock since 2004.
Following their self-titled debut in 2004 under their own imprint Punch-It Records (alternatively titled An Idiot’s Guide to Being an Asshole under Radtone Records in Japan), the band began their journey into both the U.S. and international markets. Touring domestically and abroad allowed them to play alongside Rise Against, Strung Out, and Pennywise, amongst other stalwarts in the genre.
2011 saw the band release their second L.P., titled An Idiot’s Guide to Being a World (alternatively titled Heroes and Ghosts under several international labels) with Go-Kart Records. Multiple European tours and festival stop later, the band was ready to step into the studio with Matt Allison to record 2014’s ‘Bruises’.
Released in 2014 by Cyber Tracks Records, this release saw the band’s most extensive touring regimen to date. Hitting the road alongside the likes of Face to Face, Strung Out, NOFX, The Living End, Good Riddance and more brought them in front of their largest audiences to date.
In 2019, the band stepped into Black in Bluhm studios in Denver to record their 4th L.P. just before COVID shut down the world. In light of facing a new normal, the band hit the pause button on releasing their latest full-length effort, deciding instead to put out a 7″ record with a few of the B-Side tracks from the Black in Bluhm sessions titled Handbook for the Recently Debriefed.
Chris Fogal and the band itself produced their upcoming L.P. The album will be released later in 2022 from Thousand Islands Records and SBÄM.
Need more punk in your life?
- Pussy Riot Launch NFT Campaign To Help Ukraine
- The Members Frontman Nicky Tesco Has “Left The Building.”
- The Undertones Thrill With Their Brand New Video
- Rare Bloom flourish with new single ‘Montreal Screwjob’
- Sum 41 announces US co-headline tour with Simple Plan
- “Not all women over 40 want to join a choir”
- Paris Texas Punks, Rules of Engagement, are wondering what’s happen to the underground
- Watch Green Day Cover Nirvana For Billie Joe’s 50th
- Wuhan calling: how the city’s punk rock scene changed China’s youth
- Simple Plan And Sum 41’s Deryck Whibley ‘Ruins My Life’
- Riot Grrrl Punk Rock Musical Riot Antigone To Release Album
- Celtic punks The Real McKenzies to release greatest hits album
- The Imbeciles Announce New Album ‘Imbecilica’ Recorded with Legendary Producer Youth!
- Orange County Emo/Punks Crossing I’s Dotting T’s Put Their Feelings Aside
- Waxflower Ring In a New Year With Latest Single
- Is Punk Band You Vandal Trying To Deny Its Existence?
- Pep Talk drop new single and animated music video for ‘Dumb Love’
- Bob Mould releases solo live EP The Ocean
- Thick drop new single and announce tour with The Distillers
- PUNK MAJESTY STREETWEAR, Eco-Conscience, Accessible Fashion For All Genders
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!