L.A. hardcore legends release a new video to celebrate the re-issue of their iconic sophomore album.
SoCal hardcore punks Circle Jerks released ‘Wild In The Streets’ back in 1982, and the band will pay tribute to the album with a highly anticipated reissue. Alongside the 40th Anniversary release, the band have dropped anAtiba Jefferson–directed video for the album’s renowned title track.
The sophomore albums’ Deluxe reissue includes three bonus tracks recorded live in San Francisco in 1982 as well as a 20-page booklet by Chris Morris. The booklet is full of band memorabilia, including exclusive photos and club flyers, interviews from members Keith Morris, Greg Hetson, and Lucky Lehrer by L.A. journalist Chris Morris. Wild In The Streets Deluxe Reissue, was remastered from the original master tapes by Pete Lyman.
The new release video for the title track has a team of veteran and up-and-coming pro skaters, including legend Tony Hawk, hitting the streets of L.A. The clip includes live footage from a 1982 Circle Jerks performance.
The video’s director, renowned photographer and skateboarder, Atiba Jefferson said in a press release: “I grew up on Wild In The Streets, so to be asked to direct this video was a huge honour. I wanted to capture and preserve 40 years of history but also celebrate 40 years of punk rock and skateboarding history.”
Circle Jerks Tour Dates
You can pre-order Wild In The Streets Deluxe 40th Anniversary reissue here.
Follow Circle Jerks
More Punk Stories…
- The Linda Lindas Tease Debut Album ‘Growing Up’ With Purr-fect Video
- Gary Crowley: My Punk Top Ten
- Fair Do’s unleash new video for ‘1000 Miles’
- Russ Rankin album review ‘Come Together, Fall Apart’
- TheGig Review: The Stranglers – Lincoln Engine Shed 25/1/22
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones Surprise Split
- Glen Matlock Signs A New Solo Record Deal
- Richie Ramone To Read ‘The Unauthorised Biography – RAMONES’.
- It’s Tough Being a Vampire reveals French Canadian Punks PasMort
- Furnace Fest Brings A Big Dose Of Punk and Rock Back To Alabama
- The Vibrators Drop The Single ‘He’s A Psycho’
- Berlin Punks Splittin’ Image New Album ‘Pflicht und Kür’ Is Punk At Its Rawest
- Welsh Melodic Punks Ex-Vöid Want To Be ‘Bigger Than Before’
- UK Subs Hit Back Hard With New Single SENSEI!
- Bring On The Storm’s New Single ‘Decompose’ is Anything But Rotten
Everyone should have a soundtrack playing loudly in the background of their life. I was born moshing to my own beat and have never swayed from my love of music. Spreading my passion through the written word is my soul’s purpose. My punk heart beats loudly with the rhythm of my rock soul. I plan to continue to mosh like no one gives a shit.
Click on Tracey’s photo for more of her articles!