Punk Scholars Network, Netherlands, a forum for academic and scholarly debate, conferences, publications, talks and public exhibitions about punk rock, is running a free ‘Punk and (DIY) Venues’ webinar on December 4th.
Saturday the 4th of December 2021 will be the first-ever webinar to be held by the Punk Scholars Network (PSN) Netherlands. Originally organised as an ‘in-person’ conference to be held at OCCII, Amsterdam, the recent surge in COVID-19 cases across Europe has forced PSN to adjust its conference timetable and move part of it online.
This Saturday, starting at 2 pm Central European Time, PSN will hold a webinar, about ‘Punk and (DIY) Venues’ with keynote speakers, a film and a panel discussion. Register Here
The organisers have reluctantly decided to move the ‘Women in Punk’ section of the conference to Spring 2022 because they feel that, “the women in the bands, women on the panels, and all other participants deserve a full face-to-face day because ‘Women in Punk’ as a topic is too important for an online webinar.”
PSN will announce new dates as soon as they can. So stay posted.
Because punk is a conflicting and diverse culture, the aim of the Punk Scholars Network is to “mirror this multiplicity through a genuinely interdisciplinary approach to the subject and the contribution and participation of punk scholars, fans and enthusiasts.”
To date, the Punk Scholars Network has delivered workshops, symposiums and conferences in Reading, Oxford, Leicester, London, Birmingham, Northampton, Bolton, Los Angeles, Lincoln, Newcastle and a global online conference involving local branches across three continents in 2020.
These events have reflected a broad range of critical themes including global, historical and contemporary punk scenes, punk pedagogy, DIY, punk and spirituality, identities and sexualities, punk art and aesthetics, curatorial practices and the social and political legacy of the 1980s anarcho-punk movement.
PSN Conference: Punk and (DIY) Venues
More Info on Punk Scholars Network Neatherlands
For more punk news check these out…
- Brody Dalle Avoids Jail But Is Sentenced to 60 Hours Community Service For Contempt.
- The Filth And The Fury: OTD in 1976 The Sex Pistols Outrage The British Public Live On TV!
- Colorado Punk Band The Sleights Release New Single
- Virginian Punks NC17 Release ‘Something’s Different’ As First Single Off Their Debut EP.
- Finish Punks, One Hidden Frame, Drop New Single
- Delaire The Liar announce brand new EP ‘Eat Your Own’
- The frontman of Aussie ska-punk band The Bennies issues apology after performing at anti-vax rally attended by Australia’s far-right, nationalist party ‘One Nation’.
- Outgoing German Chancellor, Angela Merkel chooses Nina Hagen song for her retirement ceremony
- Punk fan trolls U.S. right-wing radio show by namedropping punk bands
- Sold Out Amyl And The Sniffers Berlin Show Cancelled.
- Take a Gander At South Korean Punks Smoking Goose
- Malcolm McLaren and Vivienne Westwood’s son accused of faking his burning of £5 million worth of punk memorabilia.
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!