Seasoned Texan punks release new track and music video from upcoming album
Pop-Punk royalty (and as it says in their bio, “Easily the 9th best pop punk band in history!”), Bowling For Soup are back with another banger and haven’t lost their humour at all. 2022 is shaping up to be the biggest year in recent memory for the band. The Grammy nominated Texan pop punk quartet are unveiling their brand new single ‘I Wanna Be Brad Pitt‘. An ode to one of Hollywood’s finest actors, it’s a homage to Brad delivered in a way that only Bowling For Soup can.
Bowling For Soup has also revealed that ‘I Wanna Be Brad Pitt‘ is the latest single to be released from their upcoming new album ‘Pop Drunk Snot Bread‘. Recorded in September 2021 in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, with longtime collaborator Linus Of Hollywood handling production duties alongside Jaret.
‘Pop Drunk Snot Bread‘ is the 11th studio album by Bowling For Soup and first since 2016’s “Drunk Dynasty.” The album will include previous singles Alexa Bliss, Getting Old Sucks (But Everybody’s Doing It), and Killin’ ‘Em With Kindness.
‘Pop Drunk Snot Bread‘ will be released on the 22nd of April 2022 through Brando/Que-So Records.
Frontman/guitarist Jaret Reddick had this to say on the track, “Everyone who knows me, knows I love Brad Pitt. I got this chorus in my head while driving one day, and really, the rest kinda just wrote itself. I wanted the song to be a thoughtful tribute and not sacrifice the homage by making fun of him or things in his life. So that’s the direction I went and when it still got laughs from the band, I knew I had hit it out of the park.”
The video for the single, featuring one of “Brad’s biggest fans” as well as your favorite pop punk band, can be enjoyed below!
Bowling For Soup will return for their Crowdsurf The UK Tour this spring. Following that, Reddick and bass player Rob Felicetti will be back in late May for the Acoustic Sing-A-Long With Jaret and Rob Tour.
Bowling For Soup April/May UK tourdates
Follow Bowling For Soup on their socials
Why not check out more of the latest in punk?
- Baby Strange Resurfacing For UK Headlining Dates
- Moonraker Premiere New Single Crickets
- Pennywise Kick Off Two Weekends of So Cal Shows Tonight at Garden Amp, OC.
- Steve Diggle Interview: “We don’t want to be a greatest hits band. It’s got to move on.”
- Puppy prove that every dog has its day with new single ‘Shame’
- Counterpunch Are ‘Waiting In The Wings’ With New Music
- The Used Head Out On Tour With Rise Against
- Pussy Riot Launch NFT Campaign To Help Ukraine
- The Members Frontman Nicky Tesco Has “Left The Building.”
- The Undertones Thrill With Their Brand New Video
- Rare Bloom flourish with new single ‘Montreal Screwjob’
- Sum 41 announces US co-headline tour with Simple Plan
- “Not all women over 40 want to join a choir”
- Paris Texas Punks, Rules of Engagement, are wondering what’s happen to the underground
- Watch Green Day Cover Nirvana For Billie Joe’s 50th
- Wuhan calling: how the city’s punk rock scene changed China’s youth
- Simple Plan And Sum 41’s Deryck Whibley ‘Ruins My Life’