Ahead of the release of their sixth studio album, the Canadian power-punk’s have shared another explosive track.
With the new album Crisis Of Faith due to drop into the hands (and ears) of eager fans on January 21, Billy Talent has shared the new single, Judged. The track follows previous singles Forgiveness I + II, Reckless Paradise and End Of Me feat. Rivers Cuomo.
The track is everything fans need from a Billy Talent track, short, sharp, loud, and full of energy.
The pure punk energy of Billy Talent is reinforced by the band’s ability to embrace all genres within their music. Last year vocalist Ben Kowalewicz said in an interview with Kerrang!: “When we came out, everything was ‘pop-punk!’ and ‘screamo!’ and people lumped us in with it. We didn’t understand that. We were guilty by association in a lot of ways, but that’s fine because if that was how other people processed it, ‘got it’ or heard about us, that’s totally cool. But the thing about our band is we can play – and have played – at punk, ska, reggae and hip-hop shows. We love all those genres. We’re like a chameleon, so it was a bit odd for us to come out, and people needed us to be in a certain category.”
As we advance into the new decade, the band are just as fired up as always but grateful they are still doing what they love after more than 20 years.
“Now more so than ever, we’re just feeling gratitude and appreciation that, after this long, we’re still together,” Ben Concludes.
Billy Talent is taking the new album on tour around Canada, kicking off in Winnipeg on February 7. The band will wrap up the tour in a big way, co-headlining with Rise Against in London, Ontario, on April 7.
Tickets are available HERE.
New Single Judged is out now on all streaming services.
Follow Billy Talent for more…
Keep up with the latest in punk
- Travis Barker Gives Adele A Pop-Punk Injection
- Aussie Festivals Fall Victim To Latest Covid-19 Spike
- This Weekend’s Full Tilt Festival Postponed Due To Band Testing Positive For COVID
- Tiny Desk Concert Goes Hardcore
- Chris Nine unleashes spirited track ‘Ghosts’ to confront relationships past
- One Hidden Frame release third single from upcoming album
- Riot Grrrl and punk covers feature on Kill Rock Stars’ 30th-anniversary release
- Revenge of the Psychotronic Man get rave remix
- The Year In Review: How ‘Punk’ Was 2021?
- The Day The World Lost A Punk Legend
- Monkey Mind come out swinging with cool new single and music video for ‘Iceman (The ballad of Wim Hof)’
- Festival Season Heats Up As Brakrock Ecofest 2022 line-up announced
- Southwestern German Punk Outfit Small State, Releases New Single and Video
- The Damned Postpone UK Tour With Original Lineup Until Late 2022
- German Punk Legends Slime are back With New Lead Singer And New Single
- Green Day marks the 30th anniversary of ‘Kerplunk!’ by releasing previously unseen photos
- The Dollyrots Get Festive With ‘One More Sleep’
Everyone should have a soundtrack playing loudly in the background of their life. I was born moshing to my own beat and have never swayed from my love of music. Spreading my passion through the written word is my soul’s purpose. My punk heart beats loudly with the rhythm of my rock soul. I plan to continue to mosh like no one gives a shit.
Click on Tracey’s photo for more of her articles!