Sydneysiders will undoubtedly be queueing down the street to get into the punk pasty chef’s soon to be open store!
Anna Polyviou, the award-winning Aussie TV celebrity chef, is opening her first shop in the Sydney suburb of Marrickville. Her store will take over the old Cornersmith location in the coming weeks.
“It’s forever been a dream of mine to be around such an amazing community,” Anna said in a Facebook post. “I have already meet so many people today… Stay Tuned… as we Recipe Test & Develop… my taste testers are the locals so stay tuned for taste testing sessions…”
Anna’s fun urban street style, distinctive hot pink mohawk and super fun approach to pastries make her a hit with all ages. The punky pastry chef, cookbook author and television personality has some pretty cool punk culinary cred too. She’s created punk coloured sweet creations at luxury hotels, including Sydney’sShangri-La Hotel,Pierre Herme Patisserie in Paris, and London’s Claridges), as well as for top food brands.
Anna gained global notoriety with a raft of awards, including being awarded ‘best dessert in the UK’, Australia’s Hotel ‘Chef of the Year’ and ‘Pastry Chef of the Year’, to name a few.
Beyond the awards, Anna’s energy and urban style has made her a media favourite. She has been a guest judge on MasterChef, Australia, for three years, and was the host of Family Food Fight.
Until recently, Anna utilised her skills at Alexandria’s Textbook Patisserie, where her menu, with multi-coloured, delicious pastries, has been wowing and delighting customers.
As well as her famed sweet pastries, Anna says her new store will be serving up fresh-baked savoury pasties of cheese and spinach spanakopita and Greek-inspired sweets, paying homage to her ancestral roots.
The as-yet-unnamed shop is slated to open in the next month or two, and we know that locals and fans of Anna’s will be knocking down the door on opening day.
Need More Punk Pastries In Your Life?
More Punk Stories…
- The Linda Lindas Tease Debut Album ‘Growing Up’ With Purr-fect Video
- College Radio are making waves with new single ‘Survival Guide’
- Gary Crowley: My Punk Top Ten
- Fair Do’s unleash new video for ‘1000 Miles’
- Russ Rankin album review ‘Come Together, Fall Apart’
- TheGig Review: The Stranglers – Lincoln Engine Shed 25/1/22
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones Surprise Split
- Glen Matlock Signs A New Solo Record Deal
- Richie Ramone To Read ‘The Unauthorised Biography – RAMONES’.
- It’s Tough Being a Vampire reveals French Canadian Punks PasMort
- Furnace Fest Brings A Big Dose Of Punk and Rock Back To Alabama
- The Vibrators Drop The Single ‘He’s A Psycho’
- Berlin Punks Splittin’ Image New Album ‘Pflicht und Kür’ Is Punk At Its Rawest
- Welsh Melodic Punks Ex-Vöid Want To Be ‘Bigger Than Before’
- UK Subs Hit Back Hard With New Single SENSEI!
- Bring On The Storm’s New Single ‘Decompose’ is Anything But Rotten
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!