The independent punk rock band have released ‘Serf Rock’, the 2nd single to be released off the group’s forthcoming self-titled LP.
Serf Rock is a high-impact, hook-filled rocker that laments a society flailing in disarray and the indifference of previous generations which should have seen it coming.
“We love this track because it has a real ‘dancing-into-the-apocalypse’ energy to it,” said guitarist and new primary vocalist Ian Jarrell. “We’ve always walked a line between catchy and heavy. ‘Serf Rock’ is the centre of that Venn diagram.”
‘Serf Rock’ follows the first single ‘Like A Drug’ released last month.
The new album, Russian Girlfriends, was recorded and produced by the accomplished engineer, producer, songwriter, and musician Bob Hoag (The Ataris, Scary Kids Scaring Kids), at Flying Blanket Studios in Mesa, AZ.
The LP is the band’s first release with their reconfigured lineup following the departure of two original members, Adam Hooks and Sasha Horn. Carl Wierzbicky (Huntress) steps in to lend his exceptional drumming talents to this record.
“This album finds our band at a crossroads,” said bassist Jeremy Keith. “With Adam and Sasha leaving the band, we’ve had to revamp the way we write and perform songs. We feel like this change has forced us to evolve and led to some of our strongest material yet.
“We were lucky enough to work with another awesome drummer in Carl and record with a legend like Bob. We love the way this record sounds, and we look forward to new listeners discovering us and longtime RG fans checking it out and coming along for the ride.”
In addition to digital and CD releases, the band is issuing the new record on a limited-edition run of 100 12″ black vinyl.
Follow Russian Girlfriends On Socials
More Punk News
- The Punk Virus That Infected Milan in the ’80s
- The Chats Announce 2022 USA/Canada Tour Schedule
- Tom DeLonge says he, Mark and Travis “are down” for his return to blink-182.
- FANGZ Unleash Latest Single ‘Won’t Be Me.’
- Toxpack announce new album and release single ‘Bastarde für alle Zeit’
- Green Day To Open 2022 Shaky Knees Festival
- Waxflower Release New Single ‘Soak’
- Canadian punk supergroup R!OT release debut self-titled EP
- Jester on UK TV Show the ‘Masked Singer’ revealed as John Lydon
- Pop-Punk Yungblud Throws a ‘Tanty’ Over ‘Miming’ Accusation.
- Previously Unpublished Photos of The ’80s Hardcore Punk Rock Scene featured in new book
- Australia Get Ready for UNCAGED Festival 2022
- Futurama Festival Adds Skids and New Model Army To 2022 Line-Up
- Aussie Punks Amyl & the Sniffers announce North American tour dates
- Dropkick Murphys Announce 2022 St. Patrick’s Day Tour
Punktuation Magazine For All Your Daily Punk News, Features, Interviews, Lifestyle and more!